Not This, I am that!

My mind has echoed over and over that my life has been a life wasted. After hearing this for weeks and months on end, I have decided to try and unravel this twisted thought. A thought that has twisted my stomach into knots. A thought that has placed deep knots of pain into the fibers of my being; increasing my pain level making everyday life less than bearable.

We've all heard the saying that there is neither good nor bad. It is only thinking that makes it so. The emphasis of Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism and yes, even Christianity of the mystics, points to the fact that the plurality of objects is an illusion of speech. I love that phrase, "an illusion of speech." I often say, "that which is beyond words." We think of ourselves as something alone, separated. But that, which is being said, beyond words, that illusion of speech, is telling us that we are greater than what we have been taught to believe.
Ah, believe....thats another word worth dissecting. Another time....
So, can a life be wasted? Are we, in any form, more than the essense of that which is greater than ourselves? The essense of the spoon I hold, as I slurp some tomato soup, is a spoon.....and we, are the essense of what (?) God...Buddha...Tao????? We are beyond name and form.....we are not this....we are that!
But to borrow from another...I am working on (yes - I am a dolt and too internal to make this easy) the following:

"How to discover your life's purpose in 20 minutes"

Take out a blank sheet of paper
Write an answer (any answer) that pops into your head. It doesn't have to be a complete sentence. A short phrase is fine.
Repeat step 3 until you write the answer that makes you cry. This is your purpose......Great psych of self course.....I'm up to 22 hard pressed answer and I'm not crying yet.....

Comments

Rowan said…
i'd like to try, but I'm not sure what you mean by answer, can you give an example? by hearing one of yours mabye I can understand what you mean.

Popular posts from this blog

TaoSpring - pallet chicken coop

Seasons - garden update

I hate bad news