I feel free to express myself in any manner of ways. I remember how it was that Carl Jung built himself a tower on a little piece of land and used it as a get-away. He would allow himself to free associate, if you will, with himself. So, with this in mind, I began to sing the doxology. And it felt wonderful.

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

It was Sunday morning. The sky looked as if a funnel would appear at any moment. The wind was furious and the trees responded in kind with sweeping bows. The air held a hint of some hidden mystery. I found some grapes and suffered through the tartness of a few until I decided that I had enough. I began to think of the "finding your live's purpose" list. At that moment, I felt like my purpose was to sing. Out came the doxology.

The result of this came a realization that reality escapes all concepts. God? Praise? Blessings? Yes, I was praising. Yes, I was blessed. And God? Way beyond concept....and no need to try and define God. The whole idea seemed hilarious. Rushing through my mind, in an almost visual halucination; like trying to pull forth a television picture from amidst waves of static, came boundries, imaginary lines, beliefs, religions, strong opinions of the masses bouncing like ping pong balls across all of these imaginary lines......

Define my life's purpose?








Comments

Rowan said…
hrm.....funny, we had the tornadoey looking sky last night as I climbed the mtn (with our car) towards home...the sky was a greeny black.

Popular posts from this blog

TaoSpring - pallet chicken coop

Seasons - garden update

I hate bad news