We have decided to paint the entire interior of the house. My current job provides me with Ben Moore paints at little or no cost. We have been putting it off for many years. We were aware of the principle that momentum creates momentum, so we just jumped into it. On one weekend we did the living room. After work on Saturday, I jumped into the dining area and took today off to finish it. I hope to post pictures soon. The living area is a shade of sage with the dining area being a New England type of earthen yellow. Neither description does it justice. As it is said, "A picture is worth a thousand words."
As I worked alone today, I had a weighty sense of nostalgia. It has been some time since I have worked so diligently on a home improvement. My last job afforded me the luxury to hire others to do some of what I would have once done myself. I was happy to be doing what I was doing. Neil Young sang "Harvest Moon" on http://www.accuradio.com/ and I felt it hit me.

Come a little bit closer
Hear what I have to say
Just like children sleepin'
We could dream this night away.
But there's a full moon risin'
Let's go dancin' in the light
We know where the music's playin'
Let's go out and feel the night.

Because I'm still in love with you
I want to see you dance again
Because I'm still in love with you
On this harvest moon.

When we were strangers
I watched you from afar
When we were lovers
I loved you with all my heart.
But now it's gettin' late
And the moon is climbin' high
I want to celebrate
See it shinin' in your eye.

Because I'm still in love with you
I want to see you dance again
Because I'm still in love with you
On this harvest moon.

I know, I know. What a sentimental sap. But you have to understand. We bought this house 25Yrs ago. We had two boys under three years old. After we paid the bills we had $25 for gas and groceries. The first winter almost created a nervous breakdown as we froze trying to keep our home and take care of the kids. 7 Years later I was disabled and unable to work. We had two boys and two girls at this time, the last being born just months prior to my ill health. My wife wiped my ass, as I was unable.

Last week my granddaughter said, "mere, mere" as the music played on the CD shuffle. "Dance, dance," she said. And we did. Best date that I've had in some time. This week, my youngest daughter bought us some groceries. The cupboard was bare. Literally! I'm torn up. Life has been such a zig and a zag. I often think that I bobbed when I was supposed to weave. My knowledge and experience with the state of Wu Chi has dried up.
Lesson? Just don't know anymore. Don't know. Perhaps the Don't know mind of Zen IS the lesson...

Comments

jess said…
i will be visiting you more often as i sincerely enjoy reading your writing... it is nice and well thought out.

boooo patriots. booooooo

i wish tom brady was ugly as that would make it easier to dislike him. ;)

i also wish bill bellichek (sp??) would get a new hoodie to wear.
Tim,

sometimes I think the dont know Mind is our last and best refuge.

Peace
Mark
tao1776 said…
C'mon Jess! You know that you are really a closet Patriots fan. Come out!!!!
Yes, Mark, Yes...

Popular posts from this blog

TaoSpring - pallet chicken coop

Seasons - garden update

I hate bad news