Page 133 of the
This Being Human... handbook states,

"The entire universe is in perfect order. One must act in accordance with how things are, not how one wants things to be."

Huh?

"My doctrine is to think the thought that is unthinkable, to practise the deed that is not-doing, to speak the speech that is inexpressible, and to be trained in the discipline that is beyond discipline. Those who understand this are near, those who are confused are far. The Way is beyond words and expressions, is bound by nothing earthly. ...Buddha

Okay, but....yeah, I knew this intuitively. That is until I lost my job. All the bullshit associated with such a loss had me asking questions and this meant that there had to be answers. Concrete answers and concrete solutions. Thinking.....not being...This Being Human...

You take the good, you take the bad,you take them both and there you have ..The facts of life, the facts of life. Alan Thicke


Thanks, Al!

Upon meeting a Zen master at a social event, a psychiatrist decided to ask him a question that had been on his mind. "Exactly how do you help people?" he inquired. "I get them where they can't ask any more questions," the Master answered.

So true. If you understand that, "Those that understand this are near, those who are confused are far."




We join spokes together in a wheel, but it is the center hole that makes the wagon move.
We shape clay into a pot, but it is the emptiness inside that holds whatever we want.
We hammer wood for a house, but it is the inner space that makes it livable.
We work with being, but non-being is what we use.









Comments

Once upon a time, I lost my job, after enduring three back surgeries and horrendous pain. I finally got on SSDI, so it worked out. But then, 12 years later, I needed a fourth surgery for another back problem. Hellish.

I must say, though, through all of this, I was inspired to give up organized religion, begin a quest of self-knowing, and study philosophy. I don't know if all that would have happened without the bad times.

So, now I am somewhat content with my present situation, even though I had to journey through a very dark hell to get there.
Alan Thicke wrote the theme song to the show The Facts of Life?
We join spokes together in a wheel, but it is the center hole that makes the wagon move.
We shape clay into a pot, but it is the emptiness inside that holds whatever we want.
We hammer wood for a house, but it is the inner space that makes it livable.
We work with being, but non-being is what we use.


One of my favorite verses. Have a safe, fun and happy New Year celebration friend. :)

Popular posts from this blog

TaoSpring - pallet chicken coop

Seasons - garden update

I hate bad news