It's amazing how we, as Americans, who have fought so hard against dictatorships, communism and fascism, are now so willingly led towards the soup lines of the Great Depression. The only place where you can be relatively safe is to be in government. "Under Office of Personnel Management rules, Cunningham can keep his congressional pension despite the guilty plea,".....Though convicted of taking over 2.4 million dollars in bribes, his pension is secure. Meanwhile, a booming, successful company like Verizon has announced a pension freeze for some of their employees. Plant closings are all around us. The economy is going to hell. the rich are getting richer. When the heads of the oil companys were brought in to testify before congress regarding price gouging, they were not under oath. They lied. It is common knowledge. It has been proven. It is not perjury because they were not sworn in. We just bend over and take it!
My story of going from $00,000 yr to $11 hr. is a dime a dozen. And I guess appropriately so. Instead of outrage, I rationalize how it is that
we do not fully understand the suffering of real want. In an effort to keep my mortgage paid and to be able to have some food in the cabinet, it seems that I may be losing cable t.v., phone, computer access; That really sucks, but it is not real suffering!
I have received numerous offers from credit card companies. Beside my mortgage, I only have a car payment and one credit card. So, I sent out several inquires. I picked one that had a great offer and applied. I was denied based on the amount of money I now make and because I made multiple inquiries. Go figure? Excellent credit, threatening to go to hell.
Is this any way to keep the economy healthy? As my story becomes commonplace, as it is so increasingly becoming the reality, how is it that the richer are becoming so?

"Our government teaches the whole people by its example. If the government becomes the lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy."
L. Brandeis.....Supreme court justice 1856-1941 .......Anarchy is looking better all the time

Comments

Anonymous said…
spot on, tao.
bastards.
ghostie alix

Popular posts from this blog

TaoSpring - pallet chicken coop

Seasons - garden update

I hate bad news