It's just a thought. Move on....

I love growing things. We don't have the garden that we once had. I'm only growing an assortment of tomatoes. I didn't create the tomatoes. Although I did put them in the ground and tended them, it only needed the conditions to be right for them to grow their fruit.
Just like a fire. When the conditions are right, ignition, fuel, oxygen. Then a fire can start. Where was the fire before the ignition? After the fuel or oxygen is depleted, where does the fire go?
Are we like the tomato or the fire? When conditions were right, were we a seed and egg that grew in our mother's womb? Did we exist before the conditions were right? After the fruit of our lives comes forth, after our fuel or oxygen is depleted, do we still exist?

Comments

Rowan said…
hoo boy, you want to talk tomatoes? I should have set up a vegetable stand and sold them. I had a huge yield this year of Beans, tomatoes, squash, pumpkin, and various peppers. I planted 72 tomato plants, I think I went overboard, but should come in hand for my party this weekend.
justrose said…
the kind of stuff i think about constantly, except you said it better. i wonder ...
Em said…
I too like Rose, am constantly thinking of this. I guess i believe what I tell mm daughter. Although at times i have been known to say, "I just don't know sweetheart, sometimes i just don't know."

Sorry, to continue, this is what I tell her. I tell her our souls come from God and are then rooted in the body that growns in the whomb. I tell her that as we get older (like her Great Grandma) our body starts to get weak, tired, and dies. Although our bodies go back into the Earth, our souls go back to God (whatever God may be). Also, energy is something that although it can change forms, it never ceases.
tao1776 said…
Rowan - I envy a garden such as yours. Too cool!
Justrose - It's like I always tell you. Old souls think alike!
GemII - In Taosim, there is a balance of energies and energies never cease; they just change form. I often think that we try hard to attach definition to things that are beyond definition....and this is the point of Zen.
Rowan said…
thanks tim! I'm hoping to use some of them up! you beat me to posting the pictures I took.
Em said…
Hey T- the feeling is mutual, buddy. hope you dont mind me posting twice here, shhh! (G-II)
tao1776 said…
(GII)......I never put two and two together.....Huge smiles...You can post here as many times as you like. Good for my ego :>)

Popular posts from this blog

TaoSpring - pallet chicken coop

Seasons - garden update

I hate bad news