I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Everyone has an opinion on everything. Including me. I have less an opinion on things than I used to. Sounds kind of boring of me, doesn't it? But it is hard to hold fast to solid opinions on things. Everything changes. Yesterday's enemy is today's ally.
I recall members of the GOP helping Saddam Hussein celebrate a birthday. Everybody was happy. Great friends! Then a year or so later, after he invaded Kuwait, he was as evil as Hitler.
Vietnam is doing so well economically, we are now pushing to have them added to the world trade union.
I used to love baseball. Many players associated with a team would spend their careers with just a few teams. Sometimes, with just one. Now, we say we love the "---------" and the players shift around the leagues like in a game of musical chairs. What do we love? The name of the team? The mascot? The logo? The evershifting team personality and management? Now it's a chase for the big money for all involved. The game has gone from passion to the love of money.
I read the opinions of my fellow bloggers. I bow to them. It is good to weigh the opinions of others against the volume of chatter that continuously comes our way. I think we all learn that way. But opinions are just that. We need to carefully weigh out what we hear from any source. Most opinions will not stand the test of time. Below, is a portion of one opinion that has stood the test of time. I hope to memorize it fully. It has always inspired me.


WHEN in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident: That all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; that, to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.

Indeed!

Comments

Lost said…
Are you trying in your own way to incite a revolution? Hmm?
tao1776 said…
Yeah, Lost. You found me out girl!!!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

TaoSpring - pallet chicken coop

Seasons - garden update

I hate bad news