SNAFU is not a new word

No, this is not an endorsement for Yellow Tail Shiraz, although I wouldn't mind receiving residuals for such a seemingly perfect product placement.
And I don't have much to say about the cat n' hen either. Curiosity could hardly obscure what these two were really feeling toward each other that day.
"Dude! You're in my space."
"Man, you're ugly!"
"Go away already!"
 They would of course, choose to walk on opposite sides of the street if they could - (and they can't you see, as we have indoor cats and chicken coop chickens) but you do get the point. There's just no reason in trying to mix the two.
As a rule, feline and fowl do not mix.
And the same rule applies for the Democratic party and the G.O.P.  No such alliance or partisan politic will

ever exist for the two. There is a long and arduous game at stake here and those that sit around the political round table are the only ones who really know what the rules are and non-partisanship, I tell you, is part of the game. I enjoy watching Morning Joe as much as I enjoy watching a good football game. I may jump, swear and yell a little, but it's all in good clean fun. And as long as our discussion of politics follows the same vein, it can be very entertaining. Discussing politics is like wiping your arse; it's a dirty job, it smells, you can't really see what you're doing, and it all ends up flushed down the toilet and is quickly forgotten until the next time.
The Presidential debates are unbelievable. Have you seen them? Simply unbelievable. America has many brilliant possibilities and we end up with the likes of these? And when poll after poll cites Ronald Reagan as perhaps the "best" president that the office ever held, I know we're screwed.
Reagan, Seriously?
The love of money is the root of all evil. It is the grease that greases every aspect of Washington's self perpetuating, money seeking, power hungry political wheel  and money keeps it turning, turning, turning. We (the 99%) squeak and rust and slow down to a rusty halt while Washington and Wall Street greases palms that guarantee to produce more grease somewhere down the road. Back slapping, hand shaking, back room deals; now that's part of the game. And we're not allowed anywhere near the table.
In my remaining days, I will no longer vote. I will not join or participate in any club or organizations or church with a charitable agenda.. I will pay no dues, (only to my sportsman's club - beer is cheap ) as I fail to see the point. My steering rudder is not party nor church or country driven. I will do good and act charitable and pass on; not looking for result, reward or recognition. No hurrahs, no backslapping, no greasing of palms. I will continue to make my way towards love and self sufficiency. I will right myself and expect others to do the same. I will choose to walk on the other side of the street and pray for the grace to turn the other cheek if to do so is for the greater good.

My home and club, my church and country is TaoSpring. You can find me there.

Vonnegut in his later years noted a belief that Mark Twain and Albert Einstein had given up on the human race in their later years. Vonnegut concluded that he too had finally given up on people in his later years. As he watched the case against Iraq unfold, as having weapons of "Mass destruction" and while he watched the Bush administration's call for war he had this to say: "Our President is a Christian? So was Adolf Hitler. What can be said to our young people, now that psychopathic personalities, which is to say person's without consciences, without senses of pity our shame, have taken all the money in the treasuries of our government and corporations and made it all their own?" 

Perhaps it is fortunate that Vonnegut died prior to seeing the unfolding bank crisis, the Wall Street scams, the unconscionable Ponzi schemes and the ongoing bleeding of America. I can imagine him sinking deeper into despair after reading a report such as that in Think Progress.  And his despair saddens me. For my departure into the realms of TaoSpring is not a giving up, a despair for the ridiculousness of the likes of a Newt or a Mitt being elected to the White House. Christ, we lived through Nixon! It is but a slowing down. An awareness in contrast to reaction. Peace in place of violence. The annals of history, of life itself have not changed.

S.N.A.F.U. is NOT a new word. And neither is S.S.D.D.

For Gawd's sake. Lighten up!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TaoSpring - pallet chicken coop

Seasons - garden update

I hate bad news