Not about winning or losing

I went to my local Air Cooled V.W. show on Saturday and I placed second in the Karmann Ghia class. Being that we are a rarity in New England, I've seen only six to ten Ghia together at one time and only when attending this show. This Saturday there were ten. Although the show presented more than over fifty beetles of every year and style style -  custom - Baja - stock - the show had them all and they were sandwiched between the lowly represented Ghia on the one side and the Buses/Transporters on the other.  I've taken two first place wins, one second and one third at this show. I also have several others that all fit nicely in my trunk set as wallpaper: decorations for showing. I have four others as well that stand tall in my dining/library room.
My car is a stock 1600 dual port with the original carb and dizzy combo. It has factory leather and air conditioning. The paint is worn and has several rather poorly done body patches.
But the car shows are about camaraderie, sharing a love for the V.W. and a love for the automobile. I have known what we refer to as"trophy whores" and "trailer queens" but the true love is to be found in self made restoration on the one side and true patina on the other.
 

Comments

Rick Matz said…
Great stuff. Detroit born and bred, I love cars.

Popular posts from this blog

TaoSpring - pallet chicken coop

Seasons - garden update

I hate bad news