Spending more time in the gym...


One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple - Jack Kerouac




Okay. This is it. I have read and studied and dissected the Bible. I examined the view of the mystics, from Merton to Meister Eckhart. I looked into Sufis and Zoroaster, Ellen White and Sri Ramana Maharshi. The Sutras, the Upanishads and Bhagavad gita. The Yi Jing, the Tao Te Ching.
And I am speechless.
I am reminded of those that questioned the blind man about Jesus and all the blind man could say was, "All I know is, once I was blind and now I can see".
As Watts says, "The menu is not the meal". You can read until the cows come home and still know nothing about the farm. You can read all about enlightenment. But there comes a time where you need to do nothing. And one of the best ways to do nothing is to "sit" in meditation. It's not as unusual as you may think. You do nothing to make your heart beat. You do nothing to make yourself breathe. You do nothing to make yourself grow from an infant to an adult and beyond. By sitting in meditation all you are really doing is becoming what you are.
I've been bartering with a friend. You know, I'll help you do this and you help me do that. I'm excited by this new and functional retreat/sacred space that was constructed with love, laughs and good old fashioned sweat. In turn, she gets a new mantle for her fireplace and a fix-it on her door and some new hen house construction. "Many hands make light work".

"Your sacred space is where you can find yourself over and over again." 
*Joseph Campbell*

Comments

GaiaGirl said…
Tao ~ It looks like you're coming into a wonderful space again. :) It's always a fine thing when love and laughter help create. *sigh* .... Enjoy! It only gets better!

Popular posts from this blog

TaoSpring - pallet chicken coop

Seasons - garden update

I hate bad news