家 人 Chia Jên

 On Saturday my granddaughter, the daughter of my oldest daughter, turned seven years old;
Oh !The apple of my eye.
And on Sunday I attended the wedding my good friend's son. Many years ago I went to this same friend's wedding while four years ago I  also attended his wife's funeral.
Ob La Di - Ob La Da.........
How often do we find ourselves seeing people that we really like and have truly missed only to see them at birthdays, weddings, and funerals?
Busy, busy, we are. And spread out too.
Family, friends, community. They really are precious resources.
And much of my weekend had me thinking about how important family is and about how my experience of family has changed. Family can be a true example of grace.
Gaia Girl shed tears as we watched the father and the bride dance while for me, I felt a little anger at having been forced to keep away from my daughter's recent wedding. Life is so short.
Tears and anger should be short lived.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TaoSpring - pallet chicken coop

Seasons - garden update

I hate bad news