“In a Democracy, people get the kind of government they deserve.” Winston Churchill
I guess that I just can't help myself. I Have, within me, an ongoing sense of a spiritual quest that has been there before my earliest memories. So I like to lightly touch upon some aspects of religion or spiritual or philosophical teachings, ideas and experiences that have shaped me. Perhaps, too often, I am too eclectic and bounce around from Einstein to Zukav and from the Bhagavad Gita to the Bible while skipping like the proverbial stone through Taoism and Buddhism. No way to run a blog!
And then.....I go on about politics; much in the same fashion.
But let me be clear about this.
1) Trickle down economics has never worked. It only serves to help the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
2) No politician will ever be elected by telling the truth. People love a straight talking express ONLY when it is filled with government catch words and phrases. No matter how bad things get, the kids don't want to hear it. They just want Daddy to fix it.
3) No one in right wing talk radio believes what they say. The game of schitck is "rant for ratings" and unless you continuously outdo yourself, you will be out of a job.
4) The rules are much different for the "haves" than for the "have-nots".
5) The best paying job with the best benefits is that of being a politician. If the politicians were forced to have the same level of health care that the average American had, things would change fast. Plus they eat well too! And love those shoes!
6) In Massachusetts it has been a long standing practice to hire the Police (State & local) for all road detail. This practice has been so long standing and lucrative (often at over $75 to $100 an hour) that it is anathema for any politician to talk about or even think of touching it; although it would make great fiscal sense to do so.
The Social Security system and Medicare is much the same. Call me a Socialist but no one that retires at a full pension of over $150,000 to $200,000 needs to collect Social Security and be offered Medicare even IF they paid in over there years of employment. The sale of everyday items and the ability to borrow is what keeps the economy rolling. Yet the current design leads more towards a feudal system( http://library.thinkquest.org/J0110522/feudal_system.htm) than that of a happy capitalism.
7) Should I go on?..............