Funeral for a Friend


(Marie - The Lady - Jon)

I was honored on November 17, 2007. You see, my friend was buried, laid to rest. I was a pallbearer. Her calling hours drew over five hundred people, paying their respects and giving their condolences. Her funeral over two hundred; many of whom had to remain outside in the thirty degree weather.


You see, my friend was buried, laid to rest.


I was a pallbearer.


Sometimes we are fortunate to know someone with the ability to love you no matter how much of a schlep you were. Always seeing the best in you. Her ability was as subtle as a spiders web. She could leave you feeling better about yourself and the world.


You see, my friend was buried, laid to rest.


I was a pallbearer.


I was honored.

Comments

Loralee Choate said…
Tim,

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. Being a pallbearer for a loved one is a high honor...A last service for someone very dear.

Hugs, my friend.
bert said…
My condolences, Tim

I'm sure she'll hear your prayer. She must ...
Unknown said…
i'm sorry Tim. Being a pallbearer is indeed a great honor and a gift.

Popular posts from this blog

TaoSpring - pallet chicken coop

Seasons - garden update

I hate bad news