Empowerment and moving on.....Divorce - from the Latin word meaning...


Sometimes I feel, sometimes I FEEL

Like I been tied to the whipping post
Good Lord, I feel like I'm dying.....

Similar to the effectiveness of Chinese water torture (not to be confused with American water boarding) a constant barrage of anything can invariably take its toll. On Valentines day I will be in Divorce Court seeking an end to the constant drip, drip, drip, of "you will love me." Emphasis on "seeking" because I still have a way to go.
Normally, the Judge would make a decision within thirty days; the home would go up for sale, assets would be divided and we would go our separate ways. That is how the divorce process normally works. But, like everything else, this is less about divorce and more about power.
Who gives a shit, really?
I am grieving the loss of thirty plus years of marriage. It is like a death, it's true. There is no wake or funeral. Most can only comment, "Man, that sucks" when they learn of it. My writing about it is wholly therapeutic (for me) and a waste of time (for you) to read.
Hold on. It's almost over.

Comments

GaiaGirl said…
... drip, drip, drip..... Ooh, you be so kind. It's more like opening of the Hoover Dam on your soul.

Be ready for the deep sighs, smug laugh, dramatic hand gestures, and attempts to paint you as the Evil One. It's the last-ditch effort to get you to slither back on your stomach and get a boot to the face.

Lean back, toss your head in the air, throw a huge wave, and give one hell of a content smile. Confuse the fuck outta them. I know I will. :)

Popular posts from this blog

TaoSpring - pallet chicken coop

Seasons - garden update

I hate bad news