Heh Heh, Rick! We've got some guys rebuilding a bridge on the interstate a few miles away. They work about four hours a day and it's been going on all year for over a year. They said it's being paid for through the stimulus money. Again I say, heh, heh.
Recently I had my son install some foam board insulation under the flooring of my mudroom which has been at one time part of the porch outside of the kitchen door. You see, we expanded the kitchen by tearing out the partition that separated it from the small mud room and pantry making for one large entry way in which you could take off your boots and hang your coat. He tore this picture away from the poorly insulated wall. It is from a 1914 newspaper. It is Winston Churchill. The headlines tell of the allied victories taking place in France against the German war machine. Of course this made me think of my father's involvement and eventual p.o.w. status during the second world war. Do we ever stop killing each other and fighting for one cause or one country against another? The answer is, "No." Then I thought of this story from an old Taoist sage; It seems there was a man who came upon a "stinktree" on his property. Looking up to its tangle of leaves and branche...
I had one credit card. Good credit. Lost job. Consolidated old car loan into credit card and owed $12,000. Placed on hardship plan at $170 a month. Could not manage an exact day per month to pay the $170 and was dropped for beiing late too often. Chase Bank willing to settle for $7000. Did not have it. Fees and interest compiled and they sold to a collection agency. Debt reported at $18,000 now. Collection agency has called as representatives of agency lawyers. I have not returned one call or responded to letters sent to me. I live in Massachusetts. Does anyone know what my consumer rights may be, if any? What can the collection agency do to me? What can I expect? Do I have any recourse? I have only my home with equity left over. However, I cannot possibly pay more per month on a mortgage. I am at 4.6% now and the % rate would only be greater. I have an old car and truck. No toys. I am rather frugal and broke! Can anyone help?
This Being Human.... Sometimes, it would appear, that I have an over inflated sense of injustice; or justice. I am forever the champion of the underdog. I want to right every wrong. Ignorance and want needs a champion. So much so, that I often exhaust myself. I also often find myself in opposition to how things are; swimming against the current. I once thought that I knew better. Perhaps I did. Maybe I just lost me way. Remember the yoke being easy and the burden being light? I'm tired. As we face the new year, I would like to leave you with this Taoist parable. Chew on it.... There was a man who was so disturbed by the sight of his own shadow and so displeased with his own footsteps, that he determined to get rid of them both. The method he hit upon was to run away from them. So he got up and ran. But every time he put his foot down there was another step, while his shadow kept up with him without the slightest difficulty. He attributed his failure to the fact that he was not runn...
Comments
We've got some guys rebuilding a bridge on the interstate a few miles away. They work about four hours a day and it's been going on all year for over a year. They said it's being paid for through the stimulus money.
Again I say, heh, heh.